Saturday, April 23, 2011

On Purpose

I've had this video in my sidebar for some time now, but I'm not sure how many of you have seen it. Nick's story was brought up in church last Sunday, and something that he says has continually popped out at me throughout the week. Before I go into that, though, here's the video again:



What Nick says at about four minutes into the video really stood out to me. "It was done so that the works of God might be revealed through him." God had an ultimate purpose in giving Nick a life with no limbs. He had a purpose for giving the man in John 9 a life without sight.

To reveal Himself.


It's easy to look at these stories and say, "Wow. God was really able to show Himself through these people because of what they didn't have." But I started looking at it from another angle. Sure, Nick has a great platform because of his situation. But the truth is, God can be seen just as well in my life - if I'll let Him. God may have purposely made Nick without limbs in order to draw many to Himself... but He also made me with limbs for the same purpose!

I find it so easy to look at other people and see what God gave them (or didn't give them) to make them wonderful witnesses. The things that make them "better than me." This week I've been realizing, though, that God made me the way He did...

and He did it on purpose.

1 comment:

  1. I actually found out about Nick through a link on your sidebar. :) His perspective is challenging. And I love your take on it.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!