Friday, April 1, 2011

Fun and Frustration =)

This week has been one of limited... of NO blogging. Sorry about that. I started a couple of posts on Monday and Tuesday, but they never got finished for one reason or another. So once again I find myself just throwing out a hodge-podge of stuff from my week for you to sort through.


My sister decided to start blogging again this week. =) So you should hop on over and say 'howdy' to her! =D


On Tuesday I logged into swagbucks and the first thing I saw was their Netflix promotion. Right there on the middle of the front page. "Sign up for a FREE month of Netflix service and get 1,000 swagbucks!" Well... as things were, I was already thinking about Tangled because Tuesday happened to be the day that it came out on DVD. Yippee! I was also thinking about how I'm still longing to see The Voyage of the Dawn Treader... and it's out on DVD on the 8th. So... if I can get both of these DVDs to watch, plus 1,000 swagbucks, plus who knows what other movies to watch for free... the timing just felt right. =) So I signed up for a free month of Netflix and requested Tangled and Voyage. Happy day!


Well... I still haven't received any swagbucks for completing the offer, but I'm lovin' Netflix! Wish I could just keep getting free trials. lol I had some relative of (or maybe the actual) flu on Wednesday, so I just laid in bed and watched 17 Kids and Counting and 18 Kids and Counting. =) I also watched DisneyNature's Oceans. Some of it was really cool, but it was loaded with evolution and environmentalist stuff. Not as good as Earth was, all things considered. 


On Wednesday I got a new phone. I love a lot of things about it, but I admit that in some ways it seems like a downgrade from my old phone. Ringtones are all quieter and if it's over 20 seconds the sound quality is horrible. Other than that, I have no complaints. I just have to get used to it. The reaction time is also slower. But I guess nothing can be perfect. Oh, and it doesn't work with bitpim. Sad day. I'll adjust, though. I really will. =)  [For anyone interested, my new phone is the Samsung Intensity II and my old one was the wonderful LG Chocolate 3]
Along those lines, I'm also quite happy because Erica got a phone, too! Yay! =D


Last of all, I got another stuffed elephant in the mail. My dear friend JoAnna got it for me. It's so cute! I'll try to post a picture of it next week. Maybe I'll post a picture of my whole collection!
 

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you were sick. Hope you're doing better now.

    Oh yes. Pics of your elephant collection, please. I always find it interesting to find out what people collect and why they collect it. So maybe you could tell us in that post why you collect elephants? :)

    -Kyrstin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you my long lost sister or something? The Duggars, Tangled, and Voyage of the Dawn Treader? Love them all! Netflix is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kyrstin I'm definitely doing better now, thanks! And I just posted about my elephants for you! =D

    @Hayden I love how we keep finding more similarities between us! It's going to be so much fun getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!