Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Collection

I told you in a previous post that I got a new elephant. An adorable elephant, at that. And I decided that I would post a picture. So here's the latest addition to my collection:


Now... I have a confession to make. I'm quite a rebel when it comes to stuffed animals. I like to name them myself. According to his name tag, this cutie is supposed to be Ellison. But I'm calling him (don't laugh) Teddy. He's the most teddy-bear-ish elephant I've ever had. =D

Now... I took a collection of pictures awhile ago, intending to do a post on my elephant collection. But I decided that you would probably all be bored to death. But then... my friend Kyrstin asked to see my collection and hear how it got started! I need no more encouragement than that. So I now present to you...

My elephants.


Humphrey, a gift from my friend Haley


My friend Erin found this one at the thrift store. Pen holder/coin bank. CUTE!


This is the first elephant I got. He was a white elephant gift at a Christmas party. lol 
(I'll let you all laugh at my elephant names if you want... I call him Hammie =P)
 His trunk always has my hairbands on it. He's useful like that. ;)


Albert, Thornton (after the coolest mill owner ever), and Rikki


Peng, Mara, and Edison sitting on top of my Barnes and Noble Classics
(You'd never guess that I collect books as well as elephants!) =P


Murtagh (The Inheritance Cycle) and Huck (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn)



Mosely, Céde, and Gymn


Stanley


I need to put this little guy in the wash! He's been everywhere... I guess most keychains are like that. lol 


Bilbo



So... How did it come to this? haha It all started with a book I read to Seth. The little stuffed elephant in the story is beyond adorable. (Go here to get a glimpse of some of this author's other works. I am in LOVE with the illustrations!) After reading another book about Harry, I decided that I wanted a stuffed elephant. I wanted Harry, to be exact. But I still haven't found him. I've managed to pick up twenty other cuties along the way, though! And someday, as I get closer to having kids of my own, I'll definitely be getting Kim Lewis' books. Maybe by then I'll have Harry, too. =)

2 comments:

  1. AH, those are so cute! I love your original names for them. :)

    I don't really collect anything... well, unless CDs count. :P

    Thanks for showing us your collection!

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!