Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Thoughts of Spring Blog Party

Photobucket


How would people describe your personality? (If they could only use ONE word.) Are they right?
     I asked my friend Bailey about this, and she said, "Helpful." I'd like to think she's right!
What celebrity/celebrities would create a “Star-Struck” feeling if you saw them in real life?
     Well... I'm not really one of those girls that is all goo-goo over movie stars and would flip out if she saw one. So I'm not seeking them out or writing in for autographs. I guess if I *had* to meet a "star" in real life, I'd pick someone from the cast of Sue Thomas.





Jack's picture was the first one I found with good quality, but I'd love to meet Sue, Bobby, or Tara, too. Or Lucy. =)


Are you a hopeless romantic?
     Define hopeless. I really don't know. Probably. Would it qualify me as a hopeless romantic if I get all excited when Jack proposes to Lucy in While You Were Sleeping? Or when John Thornton proposes and gives that look in North and South?

     It took that question for me to realize that two of my favorite ever proposals take place near a train. Is it a sign?! ;)

What is your comfort food/drink?
     Smoothie or cinnamon roll, depending whether I want cool comfort or warm. =)

Be brave – tell us something very random and weird about yourself.
     I have a hard time going to sleep if I have socks on my feet.

What is your greatest fear or strange phobia?
     I don't know. The first one that comes to mind is burning myself on the oven. I'm always very careful to open the oven door completely and stay as far away from the racks as possible.

Movies: Action, Drama, Romantic Comedy, Documentary, Comedy? What are your favorite genres?
     I like so many different genres... but period drama are a favorite. And adventurey stuff.

Books: Fiction, Non-Fiction, Romance, Biographies, True Stories, Self-Help, Devotional/Study? What are your favorite types of reading material?
     I love books! I like suspense, historical fiction, true stories, etc. This is one of my favorite things in the world:

Music: Funk, Rock, Country, Jazz, Classical, Film Score, Blues, Classic Rock, Crooner, Alternative, Heavy Metal, Techno? What are your favorite types?
     Classical, sacred, and soundtrack. With some fifties thrown in for good measure. =)

What movie or book character can you most relate to?
     Well... My father has never been unjustly sent to prison, but I have always felt a strong kinship with Roberta from The Railway Children.

Name one weakness of yours (confession is good for the soul).
     I watch Tom and Jerry. There's a safe confession. lol

If you could live anywhere at all (and take all your loved ones with you), where would you go?
     England, most likely. Or Prince Edward Island.

What is one of your favorite things to catch a whiff of?
     Rain. Pure, country rain. I'm always sad when it rains here in the city 'cause it doesn't smell as good.

When you leave a social gathering, do you wish: You would have talked more or You would have talked less?
     Depends. Sometimes one, sometimes the other. Usually I'm pretty cool with my amount of silence vs. my amount of speech.

If money wasn’t a factor, what stores would you shop in?
     Barnes and Noble is a no-brainer. And thrift stores. And Kohls. I'm leaving something out, but there you have it.

What are your favorite animals?
     Dogs, I guess. =)


I will post later today or maybe tomorrow with some pictures and more details from my Dad's accident.
That's all, folks!

4 comments:

  1. I loved this post! Actually, I just love your blog! I love Sue Thomas & I love Jack! & yes, I love "that look" as well! :D Also, I'm glad to know I'm not the only person who can't sleep with socks on.

    -Many Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love books. My house is starting to look like that library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm not the only person that kicks their socks before bed!! :D Or has a phobia of getting burned on the oven racks...
    Okay, so honestly it is scary how much I agree with everything on this quiz. There is definitely a reason we are cyber pals!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. I couldn't sleep with socks on for the longest time. I recently started doing it though. Guess I got cold enough.

    Yes! Dogs RULE! =P But you said you "guess". Aren't you sure? =P j/k.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!