Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Favorite Things

Some recipes taste so amazing that they are worth the hard work that goes into them.

Other recipes are easier and still taste good, so they're nice to fall back on.

I now introduce to you one of the quickest, tastiest recipes I have ever used. From the Taste of Home cookbook, Split Second Cookies are the way to go!

One warning, though: Careful about the jelly. I put just a wee bit too much on the first time I made these. And the cookies rose a little in the oven, causing the extra jelly to slide down off the pan and onto the bottom of the oven. May I just say that burnt raspberry jelly is not the most pleasant smell to fill the house with? Nor is it the best way to get your family excited about a new dessert recipe.



Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup butter, softened
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/3 cup raspberry jam

Directions

  • In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
  • Divide dough into four equal portions; shape each into a 12-in. x 3/4-in. log. Place 4 in. apart on two greased baking sheets. Make a 1/2-in. depression down center of logs; fill with jam. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes; cut diagonally into 3/4-in. slices. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 5 dozen.


The above image belongs to Taste of Home, as does the recipe. You can find both here. I just put them on my blog to make it easier for you. =)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, those sound sooo good! I love anything raspberry. I might have to ask Haley to make these (she loves to bake!). : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look sooo good. You're making me hungry! :P

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!