Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March of Books - Lady Carliss and the Waters of Moorue

Lady Carliss faces the challenge of her life. Can she save the kingdom before it’s too late?

Determined, smart, and a master of both the sword and the bow, Lady Carliss has proven herself as a veteran Knight of the Prince. Returning from a mission of aid, Carliss is plunged into adventure once again as she searches for the marauders responsible for kidnapping a friends’ family. Along the way she is reunited with Sir Dalton and discovers that the struggle in her heart is far from over. When Dalton falls to the vicious attack of a mysterious, poisonous creature, Carliss finds herself in a race against time. As Dalton clings perilously to life, she must find the antidote in the distant and strange city of Moorue.

While there, Carliss uncovers the master plot of a powerful Shadow Warrior that will soon overtake the entire Kingdom. Her faith in the Prince and her courage as a knight are tested as she faces evil Shadow Warriors and a swamp full of dreadful creatures. The lives of many, including Dalton’s, depend on Carliss. But she cannot save them all, for time is running out.  She faces an impossible choice: save Dalton, or let him die so that others may live.



I have really enjoyed reading Chuck Black's books. I loved the Kingdom Series and was eager to read more of his books. My library took their time, but they finally bought all of the Knights of Arrethtrae books. I've only read the first four so far, but I hope to read the last two soon. 

One of my favorites of the Knights of Arrethtrae books was Lady Carliss and the Waters of Moorue. I not only enjoyed having a female knight, but also loved the message of the book. Sir Dalton and the Shadow Heart and Lady Carliss are probably my two favorites of Mr. Black's books.

The message in Lady Carliss was really good. I love how Mr. Black can write books that hold convicting messages without making them so overpowering that they belong in the religious self-help section. Lady Carliss reminded me so much of the way that Satan takes "innocent" things to distract us from our true mission. Something we would never consider to be wrong or dangerous can end up destroying our usefulness to God.

The great message of this book is only part of the reason I love it. Lots of action, suspense, and fantasy --- and all of this without the sorcery and witchcraft that stain so many of today's fantasy/adventures.


March of Books: =D

1 comment:

  1. It sounds really good! Like my kind of book/series! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!