Monday, February 7, 2011

The JW Who Wasn't

In a recent post I told y'all that the Jehovah's Witnesses have been around lately. They came back this weekend. Mom noticed and told us to be wary of answering the door. Well, we were expecting a guy to come work on our computer that morning so I went down to the basement to clean, thereby leaving Mom to handle the door. I didn't trust myself to discern between the tech person and the JWs. =D

As luck would have it, mom ended up needing to do something upstairs, so I was left on the main floor in case the doorbell should ring. Mom made it a bit easier on me, though. She told me that the JWs had arrived in a blue suburban. If said suburban was the only vehicle out on our street, I could ignore the doorbell. If another vehicle was there, go ahead and answer. Okay... I can handle this. Right?

Moments later the doorbell rang. I peeked outside and saw a dark blue vehicle. I smugly walked into the kitchen. Ha! They weren't going to fool me into opening the door!

The doorbell rang again. Then the phone rang. I picked up the phone. It was the tech guy, calling to let us know that he was standing on our doorstep. I hurried to open the door and saw what I'd missed before. The blue suburban was parked further down the street. His vehicle? A blue yukon.

Just my luck.

Suburban V. Yukon... Why I was confused. LOL

5 comments:

  1. That's really funny! I would have done the same thing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Poor you. There's no way I would have known the difference. They look nearly identical.

    Did you tell the poor guy why you didn't answer the door? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad everyone seems to agree that they would've had the same response. It makes me feel a little less dumb. =)

    And yes, I told the guy why I hadn't answered the door. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe... this made me laugh out loud. {for real} =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! (Except I was at work so I held my out loud in as best as I could) =D For some reason I didn't realize this was a second post on JW's so I thought I had already read it. I kept looking at the pictures as I scrolled down thinking 'Why don't I remember those.... oh well' haha I'm glad I noticed though, that's pretty hilarious m'dear =D

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!