Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Becoming a Jehovah's Witness


Jehovah |jəˈhōvə|
noun
a form of the Hebrew name of God used in some translations of the Bible.


witness |ˈwitnis|

verb

[ intrans. ] ( witness to) give or serve as evidence of; testify to 





This Saturday morning as I went for my walk, I saw a large group of Jehovah's Witnesses as they spread out over our neighborhood. I paused and offered them a good morning. As I continued on my way, I was filled with sadness.

These people believe so strongly. But they're wrong.

Another thought hit me.

There are people here in my neighborhood who are searching for truth.


I have the truth.


Those who are searching are going to hear from the Jehovah's Witnesses before they hear from me, though. How wrong is that? Why am I content with having the truth for myself, not even caring that the people who live near me are suffering through a world that has no meaning? What meaning can they find without Christ? And how can they find Christ without help?

I belong to Jehovah. The living God. The Way. The Truth. The Life.

I have witnessed His greatness, His power, His love.

So it's time to get out there and testify to what I've seen and experienced.

It's time to become a Jehovah's Witness.

2 comments:

  1. What a great post, Emily! I love the way you write. :)

    <3

    P.S. - I'm so glad that I can comment again. Yay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Well written Emily and so true. It has been said a lot: "If the mormons can have all their converts do 2 years of missions, why can't the church at least share the Gospel?"

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!