Friday, June 11, 2010

Going Nuts

Right now I'm sitting in my living room. It's pretty dark for 4:00 in the afternoon, and the sound of pouring rain is having it's usual affect on me. I am LOVING it, and it's making me feel poetic, creative, and happy.
You know, I just have to laugh at the way things work. The tornado warnings are going off, and as usual, instead of paying heed to the "please take shelter", everyone is going outside. That would include myself. =D
Anyhow... that's not what I was going to post about. Instead, I'm going to tell you something really weird that has happened to me. It involves those allergies that have been driving me crazy for the last little while. I went to see the chiropractor and he told me that the rash on my legs and the itchy eyes, etc etc was caused by an allergy to macadamia nuts. Which I haven't eaten, touched, smelled, or ANYTHING for at least a month. So what on earth is going on? Well... we think we might have figured it out, though we're not sure.
There's a game called Chocolatier that I play on Mom's iTouch. The gist of it is that I'm supposed to travel the world and collect ingredients to make these various kinds of chocolate and then sell them. A big, fun time-waster. LOL A couple of the chocolate recipes call for macadamia nuts. They're hard to come by, they're expensive, and it's just a bit stressful to have to deal with them.
I know that some people who *might* read this will probably think this is totally weird. Some of you will believe it quite easily. I'm mostly in the former category, yet there HAS to be some explanation for my misery. Anyhow... I'll just say it.
There is a possibility that my thinking so much about macadamia nuts may have caused some of my problems. Inconceivable! Yet... what other explanation is there? We'll see if not playing that game helps my allergies.

4 comments:

  1. Well, that's pretty interesting. I think I'm in the "this is totally weird" category! =D I hope your allergies clear up soon. That must be *so* annoying! : /

    ReplyDelete
  2. weird! lol. I've heard of something like that before, but didn't really believe it...pretty crazy. I had allergies when you first mentioned them...but I forgot to leave a comment *oops* actually I've meant to comment on your last, I don't know how many, posts! haha. I hope you feel better soon! Allergies are SO HORRIBLE!!! I know. Praying for ya, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw, do you have a blog button so I can link to you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, Emily. I love your sense of humor. I hope those allergies clear up soon. But they may be a blessing in disguise - it may help curb your addiction to that game. ;) lol

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!