Friday, April 23, 2010

Wishing...

Wishing you were somehow here again
Wishing you were somehow near
Sometimes it seemed if I just dreamed
Somehow you would be here...

Too many years
Fighting back tears
Why can't the past just die?



Seven. It's the number of perfection, right? Well it's been seven years. My best friend got saved at a revival meeting at our church. I remember so many details... I remember six years ago, too. The betrayal, the heartache. You know, when you really care about someone and they betray you, it's not something you just get over. No sirreee.

C- I've thought of you every. single. day. since I lost you. I wish I could have you back as you were, but knowing that you're probably so much different now, I'm almost glad that there's no chance of reconciliation. I pray for you. I've forgiven you. I miss you.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, Emily. That is hard. I know from experience. Though it hurts, God will fill us with His love for that person that hurt us.

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Em,
    That has happened to me as well and the pain is something that is not forgotten easily. Praying for you!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!