Thursday, April 1, 2010

My World

"What?! Another one?! Girlie, you have problems!"

Just another day for me. Another reaction that I blow off because... Hey, this is my world. And no, I don't have problems. Anyhow... it's the third or seventh time I've heard this exclamation in the past few weeks. Why? Because I'm hoping to meet another friend in person. Most of you guys have never seen me. You're my blog buddies, forum friends, and chat room chums.

I've done this before. It's awesome! Someone steps away from the flatness of the computer screen and becomes living, breathing, huggable flesh. A voice, a laugh, a reality that I never knew. It's so much fun to hang out "for real" with people you have come to love in cyberspace. It's funny. I can know ev.ry.thing about a person, but meeting them in person ads a whole new dimension to them. The things I know become more personal.

When I was younger I had pretty much no friends my age. When I was allowed to get email and a blog, the world opened it's arms to me and I was able to meet people like me from all over the world. So these, my cyber friends, are the first friends I had. And getting to meet them is awesome for me. My church friends all grew up together, don't blog, and have a hard time (for the most part) getting their mind around why I keep mentioning people I've never "met", why I'm trying to plan a trip to go see someone I've never seen before, and why friends are spending money to fly all the way to Colorado... to "meet" me for the first time. But for me... this is my life. And I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Haha. I SO know what you mean. I have an email partner from Canada that I was able to meet up with twice last summer. That made our relationship so much different. =D

    If I ever come through Colorado, I'll be sure to meet you! =D

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!