Monday, April 19, 2010

A Hodge-Podge Post

First off, the pictures I promised! =D In case you're not sure what I'm referring to, I was able to go to a banquet on the 8th. Here are some pictures from the banquet!


My amazing friend Bailey and myself


The back of my dress =D


Me


Bay, her mom, and her aunt all worked to make this happen:

Anyhow... It was a great night! Soooo much fun! And just in case you're curious: I got the dress at the thrift store for a really great price! The jacket is from JCPenney.

...:::...

Erica was gone all last week for the AACS (American Association of Christian Schools) Fine Arts Tournament. Our Bible Quizzing team took 2nd in the nation! Way to go, guys!

...:::...

I got my hair cut last Thursday. Almost 5 inches off! I'm so relieved to be able to say that I like it! If ya'll want, I can post pictures of that, too.

...:::...

On this day in history:

oklahoma_city_bombing.jpg

The Oklahoma City Bombing (1995)


paul-revere.jpg

The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)

The_Shot_Heard_Round_the_World.jpg

The Shot Heard 'Round the World (1775)

"By the rude bridge that arched the flood,
Their flag to April's breeze unfurled;
Here once the embattled farmers stood,
And fired the shot heard 'round the world."

WarsawGhetto.GIF.gif

The Warsaw Ghetto Uprising (1943)



4 comments:

  1. Fun post, Emily!! I *love* your dress. And YES... I would like to see pictures of your new haircut! :-)

    ~ Love & Blessings,
    Lindsay <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Agree with Lindsay. I'd love to see pics of your hair cut. And I had really wanted to see these pics. I'm glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh! How fun! love the dress! I love thrift stores too! lol.

    btw, the link you gave me didn't work. :( I'll search for it later, though.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!