Friday, April 16, 2010

The Elusive Cinnamon Rolls (via the Elusive Remote)

I have a sweet tooth. It induces me to bake cookies, coffee cakes, banana bread, etc etc etc. One of my all time favorite sweets are cinnamon rolls. Yummmm!!! I have a really great recipe for cinnamon rolls, but it has one major flaw: it takes a lot of time. So when I was watching America's Test Kitchen and saw their recipe for quick and easy cinnamon buns, I knew I had to give it a try. So this afternoon I plugged the DVD in and got ready to write down (type, actually) the recipe. But there was a problem. Once I got to the main menu of the DVD, I was stuck. The black remote was missing. And (you guessed it!) the black remote is the one that I need to get the DVD on the right track. I thought of just hitting 'play' and letting it play through to the recipe. That didn't work. It just kept replaying the same BBQ recipe. Nice.

What's a girl to do? I started with the chair. I felt down both sides and the back. I tipped the chair forward to look under it. No remote. I moved on to the love seat. Side one. Nada. Side two. Nada. The back. Still nothing. I put up both foot rests and looked under the love seat. [Side note: there was an incredible amount of tissues to be found in each of these locations.... =P] Still no remote. Time to do the couch. I gave it a thorough going-over, but to no avail. So I picked up the laptop and went to the America's Test Kitchen website. I found the recipe and clicked on it. Guess what???!!! For $45 a year I could look at any recipe I wanted to! Are. you. kidding? Sorry, but I'll just do without my cinnamon rolls. =(

But wait! There's more! LOL We decided to actually pull the love seat out. And there was the remote. I watched the recipe, typed it up, printed it, and made some cinnamon rolls. And they were pretty good, I think. My dad says I need to make the easy ones and the hard ones at the same time so he can do a side-by-side comparison to tell me which he likes better. =P

Okay, sad story here, peeps. This happened on... Wednesday. I've worked on this post eight times since Wednesday afternoon in order to get this far. And I feel like the story has lost some of it's potential due to the spread-outness of the putting it together. Sorry if it's the worst post in the history of my blog, but at least it's a post! *sigh*

Until next time! (Next time, next time!) [Bonus points to anyone who can guess what TV commercial and what book/movie I have referred to in this post. hehehe]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!