Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Two Choices on the Shelf...

Graduate. Or blog. It's kinda coming down to that. I've found more and more of my time being spent doing schoolwork. I haven't even read a fictional book for... over a week now, actually. Some of you are thinking, "So?" But for me that's a big deal. Because I read. All the time.

Okay, so I'm still on facebook. Maybe more than is necessary. But that's kinda slowing down, too. And did I mention that I haven't blogged in ... forever? Or that I have five posts started that I never finished and published?

I have a lot to get done, peeps. Prayers would be mucho appreciando. In the mean time, here are some measures I have been or will be taking in order to get everything done.

  • Cutting reading time waaaaaay back
  • Cutting back on facebook time
  • Limiting use of youtube (come on, guys! Stop posting all of those awesome vids!)
  • Deleting blog subscriptions to cut down on Google Reader time
  • Putting my novels on hold (the finishing touches on The Looking Glass and the first draft on another nameless novel)
Any other ideas? I'm not feeling drastic enough to completely abstain from fb and youtube and blogger and blogs and tv and books, etc etc etc... But if I don't do something differently now, I'll have to be harder on myself later.

Anyhow. I'm going to try to keep blogging, but we'll see what happens.

Until next time, I remain your (unfaithful) bloggity buddy,

Emily Rose

P.S. Graduation is May 28th.

6 comments:

  1. Haha. I SO know what you mean. By the time I graduate, I will be so ready to take a break from school! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your commitment (and need to emulate some of it myself!) and I am sure that you are going to pull through just fine! Just keep going, the end is in sight :-)


    The only suggestion I'd have for you -- and you may already be doing this-- is to identify what time of day you are at your best (I actually think/study better in the afternoon than the morning, for example) and as much as you can, set that time aside for school or study.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I totally understand where you'e coming from Emily! Oh, and I just found your Twitter account through a comment you left on Hannah's blog (Aspire). Why didn't you tell me you had Twitter? *wink, wink* I'm gonna follow you on there too, girl! :)

    ~ Love,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kyrstin - I think every teenager I know feels the same way!

    JoAnna - Great idea! I think I'm going to change the time of day that I tackle my math.

    Lindsay - I never told you because I didn't know you had twitter and because my feed is right at the side of my blog, so I figured that any interested person would see it there. =P Now I'll go follow you! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes... silly me! I didn't even see that you had the feed on your sidebar! I just started my Twitter account, so I'm trying to figure things out. lol! =D Thanks for following me on there. Oh, and I put a link to your blog on my sidebar, so maybe some of my peeps will find you through that. ;-)

    ~ Love,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Emily, Thanks for putting my button on your sidebar! Would you mind telling me how you got the scrolling thing on??? Thanks! Buttercup

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!