Friday, February 24, 2012

Any Other Name

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet." - Anne Shirley disagreed with this statement and I just might be inclined to side with her. Names really do affect our perception of things and people.

Take, for instance, the name Ian. I don't want to offend anyone with this name, but the truth is that I have yet to meet an Ian that I like. Hollywood seems to agree with me, too. Think about it!


Ian Hawke: The antagonist in the chipmunk movies



Ian Howe: Antagonist in National Treasure



 Ian Bowles: Not as bad as Ian Howe, but he's just a jerk! (From Emily of New Moon)


Ian Edgerton: Okay, this guy is actually rather cool, but he definitely has issues! I know that he wants the best, but the way he goes about it... 

So... An Ian by any other name would probably be a better person. Based on my experience. =P 

1 comment:

  1. This is so true! It reminds me of a friend of mine who said that based on his experience, the name Tyler is a nice way of saying "devil child/man". Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!