Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Little Choices

Just two choices on the shelf.
Oh what could the choices be?
Pleasing God or pleasing self.
Oh I would more like Jesus be!
-Ken Collier

     "Soft little choices." It's a phrase that my pastor uses all the time. These are the choices that we make that are "small" but always lead to something a little bigger... then a little bigger... and even a little bigger... until suddenly we find that we are deep in sin. These could be choices of omission or commission, but either can be bad.

     I've been making tons of bad choices lately. Putting off things that I should do or doing things that I shouldn't. Sometimes it's obvious, "this is a soft little choice that could lead to something bigger." Other times it's hard to see and I'm left wondering what little road is the right one.

It's a slow fade when you give yourself away 
It's a slow fade when black and white have turned to gray 
 Thoughts invade, choices are made, a price will be paid 
When you give yourself away 
People never crumble in a day 
It's a slow fade, it's a slow fade
-Casting Crowns

     On an opposite note, sometimes it's the tiniest little wise choices that can lead us to make greater wise choices. These seemingly insignificant moves in the right direction can have such a huge impact on our usefulness for Christ!

     This week, I commit to look twice at the choices I am making. Will you?

     P.S. I'm not really that familiar with Casting Crowns and I don't know the song Slow Fade... I just found it online and thought it fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!