Friday, March 18, 2011

Fun Things on Friday

Today I'm just going to name some random things that I think are fun/cool/whatever. Maybe you'll find something you like somewhere in my mish-mash of happiness!

First up: I got a card for a free birthday drink from Starbucks... so I finally got to use it yesterday. I got their passion tea. [For those of you who don't know this, I am not a big fan of coffee, but tea is my favorite drink ever! So it only makes sense that I get the cheapest thing at Starbucks even though I could have whatever I wanted.]



Anyhow... I got my tea at a Starbucks near King Soopers and then sipped on it for awhile. We ended up in Target and my tea was gone. I was really sad 'cause it was so good! Then I had a thought: There was a Starbucks in Target, and I can get free refills with my registered gift card... The only problem would be that I was in a different location. But I really wanted more tea, so I went and asked. And they gave me the refill! Totally made my day!


Item numero dos: 
Anybody read Terri Blackstock? I love her books! Most of them, anyhow. My dear friend Bailey has a job as a receptionist, which gives her some time to read. BUT... since she's working all the time, she can't get to the library a lot. Enter moi, her library-addicted friend with similar reading passions... I check out books for both of us. (It makes me feel a little bit better about have nearly 40 items checked out when I know it's between two people!) Anyhow... enough of the background. The simple fact is this: Bailey said that she wanted to read Terri Blackstock's Restoration series. So I checked out the first two. I stayed up til one this morning reading the first one. It grabbed me from the very beginning. I wish I'd just checked out the whole series at once, but I suppose that wouldn't have been good for me health-wise. lol Anyhow... if you like suspense, survival stories, or maybe even sci-fi, give this series a shot!




Next up! This post is waaaaay cool. Hayden's blog is one of my new favorites! I love finding kindred spirits online! Anyhow... I am going to have to find The Art of Tangled at my library. =) The art for Flynn Rider? I am SO glad they made him the way they did! Some of the concept art was pretty awful!




More happiness? I got a $10 off coupon for Kohls --- for a minimum purchase of $10! And I still have half of my Kohls gift card from Christmas. Do I sense some shopping coming on? I hope so! 


This week I wore sandals and flip-flops! Winter used to be one of my favorite seasons when I lived out in the country... but since we've been in the city? Not so much. So I'm really looking forward to more warm weather! I was going to post this video right onto my blog, but embedding has been disabled. LAME. But that's a song I've had stuck in my head at different points this week. Hmm... I should watch that movie again. =) Love it! 


Aaaaaand last, but not least:
Today we are celebrating my sister Erin's birthday. Her actual birthday is tomorrow, but we've got some things going on, so we're celebrating tonight. I got a Papa Murphey's gift card 1/2 off from Plum District, so we're going to have pizza! And then us girls will probably have a movie night and watch Tangled. Assuming, of course, that we can find out why the audio on divxstage isn't working. 


Anyhow... That's some of my life's happiness right now! I hope ya'll are finding lots of little things to cheer you up, too!

Toodles!

**All images courtesy of Google

4 comments:

  1. I loved your list of happy things, Emily! Wow. I didn't realize Flynn went through so many changes before he became Flynn! Yikes. :D

    Happy Friday!
    ~ Lindsay <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, it sounds like I'm going to have to check out that book series. It sounds really neat! ;) Happy early birthday to your sister!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried Starbucks' Passion Tea. IT sounds interesting though. What is it like?

    I can't wait to wear sandals and flip flops! I'm so tired of boots. :P Come on, Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loverly! I think we're kindred spirits too, and I don't care much for coffee, either. But it smells sooooo good! Why can't it taste as good as it smells????

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!