Friday, February 11, 2011

A Week Reviewed

Sunday.... I don't even remember that far back. Just kidding! (Okay... maybe not) We had Missions Emphasis Sunday at church. It's the first year that I've done faith promise, which I'm kinda excited about! I still have money left from graduation and I'll be working at camp in May, so I felt that I could participate. Yay!
I was in the nursery on Sunday morning. Every time I'm in there I am even more convinced that my church has *the* cutest kids on the planet. Seriously. =)

Monday... I did not do anything for most of the day. I practiced the piano and cleaned up my room, but I pretty much kept to myself all day. Which I decided was not going to be a good thing. See, I got texting on Saturday... and I don't think my parents were too excited about it, and if I'm keeping to myself all the time they'll be even less excited about it. So yeah. Bad move there.

Tuesday... It was freeeeezing cold here! I don't think I did anything awesome with my day, but I kept out of trouble. lol

Wednesday... We went to two different libraries and did some shopping. The library part made my day! I picked up a bunch of books to read and some to just think about reading or pretend to read. LOL I don't know why, but sometimes I'll see a book and think, "This looks like I would really like it." But I'm not really interested even though I feel like I should be. But I check the book out anyhow, 'just in case' I change my mind or really need something to read. =P
Wednesday nights are AWANA night. I love going to AWANA! I think I want to be an AWANA leader for the rest of my life. Funny story:
We cut out a bunch of paper hearts and wrote "Secret Service of Love" on them. Then we handed them out to the girls. The idea is that they're supposed to take a heart for each member of their family and secretly do something nice for them this week. One of the girls, Zelda, said, "Um, how can we do this? You said to do it for everyone in the family, but we can't exactly do something secret for OURSELVES!" ;)

Thursday... I had a pretty good day. I read some of the books I checked out at the library, did some more cleaning, baked a cranberry coffee cake. =D I was texting my friend Bailey throughout the day and we were talking about blogging. Only my phone always says 'clog' instead of 'blog', and I sometimes forget to hit the 'next' button to bring up the next word. Does anyone see where this is going? LOL My post yesterday came from this typo. ;) I can't remember if it was Bay or myself that suggested blogging about clogging since my phone liked 'clogging' better than 'blogging', but I did it. =)

Today... I'm babysitting some adorable and fun little rascals tonight. I love them! I know the younger three better than the oldest, though the oldest is one of Seth's best friends. I haven't babysat since the Rockies were in the World Series... but I'm sure everything will go well. Actually, Erica reminded me that I babysat for Jr/Sr Banquet about two years ago... I was just watching kids at church, though, so that doesn't totally seem to count. Or does it?

Nothing exciting, but that's my life. =D I don't exactly consider it dull and boring. Oh, and if ya'll feel like praying for a very selfish prayer request of mine, pray that Bailey can get a car today. =) Hers broke down on Monday, so our plans to hang out this weekend are on hold. =( I was going to have several girls over tonight for a pre-birthday movie night, and everyone except Bay had something come up... and now instead of something coming up, her car broke down. Not cool.

Seth is getting more excited about my birthday than I am. His first words to me this morning were, "It's two days 'til your birthday!" I count three, but hey, I don't want to burst his happy little bubble! =) For some reason, 19 sounds kinda scary to me. Eighteen felt like the perfect age. You know, I'm kinda an adult for legal purposes. I can vote, have my own ebay account, stuff like that. But I'm still a kid. Nineteen seems so much closer to complete adulthood... and I'm not sure that I want to grow up. I'd rather be a kid who acts grown up than an adult who is supposed to be grown up. LOL

Well, I'm thinkin' this post is long enough. =D Have a great weekend, everybody!

2 comments:

  1. Haha. Thanks for showing us into your week. :P I didn't see "emailed Kyrstin" in there. ;)

    19 does sound so much older than 18. Maybe because it's your last teen year? Hope you have a Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there missy! I'm praying I get a car too =) but lets just plan on this weekend not working =( But that doesn't mean we have to cancel, just postpone!!! Do you think the first week of march would work? Maybe then Erin could come too! anyway =) You haven't babysat since then?!? Wow!!! Lol I guess I take it for granted that not everyone babysits as much as I do..... which in some ways is very lucky, cuz it lets you make more plans =) Hope your week finishes strong!

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!