Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fine Eyes

I know some of you are tired of my movie stuff, but others are enjoying it... so I'm going to do a movie-ish post today. =)

I saw this idea this morning and thought I'd take a whack at it myself. It's a quiz based off of a line (or three) from Pride and Prejudice.


[N]o sooner had [Mr. Darcy] made it clear to himself and his friends that [Miss Elizabeth Bennet] hardly had a good feature in her face, than he began to find it was rendered uncommonly intelligent by the beautiful expression of her dark eyes.
Which leads to his saying to Caroline Bingley...
"I have been meditating on the very great pleasure which a pair of fine eyes in the face of a pretty woman can bestow."
And so on... Caroline mercilessly teasing Darcy about "fine eyes" at several intervals throughout the book.

After that rather long prelude, we finally come to the point. How many of these "fine eyes" can you recognize? Whoever has the highest score on Saturday morning wins.

Scoring as follows: Name the movie for 1 point, the character for 2 points, and the actor/actress for 3 points.







There you have it! Toodles!

7 comments:

  1. Ok well the second one is Anne Hathaway, but I'm really not sure about the movie! Nicholas Nickelby? The second one is Richard Armitage playing Mr. Thornton in North and South. I could probably even tell you the scene ;) The third is Keira Knightley, and I'm guessing by the hair that she's playing Elizabeth Swan/Turner in Pirates of the Carribean. (Not positive which one.) And knowing you, I'm gonna say the fourth one is Lindsay Lohan playing One of the twins in The Parents Trap! No clue on the first one=/
    P.S. LOVE the new look =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new blog look! Super adorable! :)

    Pic 1: Sense and Sensibility, Colonel Brandon, David Morrissey.

    Pic 2: Princess Diaries (1 or 2), Mia Thermapolis, Anne Hathaway.

    Pic 3: Wives and Daughters, Roger Hanley. (I'm pretty sure this one is incorrect, haha, but I did my best.)

    Pic 4: Pirates of the Caribbean, Elizabeth Swan, Keira Knightley.

    Pic 5: The Parent Trap, I can't remember their names!, Lindsey Lohan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Grr...I should know that one!
    2. Princess Diaries, Anne Hathaway
    3.Again, grr...I should know this one! :P
    4.Pride and Prejudice, Elizabeth Bennet, Keira Knightly ?
    5. Parent Trap, Hallie and Callie (the twin's names, I think), Lindsey Lohan

    ReplyDelete
  4. So. Here I am. {finally}

    #1 Colonel Brandon from Sense and Sensibility (2008ish). His real name is David Morris...son? His name is David. (I think)

    #2 Anne Hathaway in... Princess Diaries 2 as Mia Thermopolis.

    #3 John Thornton from North and South, in the railroad station scene. I do know his real name, but I can't think of it right now.

    #4 I have absolutely no clue whatsoever. Maybe I'll be back later on this one....

    #5 I can't quite tell if this is Hallie Parker or Annie James.... tough call. I'm going with Hallie. The movie is Parent Trap, and her real name is Lindsay Lohan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, here we go:

    1. I have no idea!

    2. Princess Diaries? Ann Hathaway. I can't remember her character's name though.:P

    3. I don't know.

    4. I don't know. Yikes.

    5. The Parent Trap. Hmmm, it could be Hallie or Annie. lol! I do know it's Lindsay Lohan. :)

    That was fun! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. #4 I'm gunna say Kiera Knightley. Jus' fo' the sake o' guessin'. Playing in Curse of the Black Pearl as Elizabeth Swann. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. Col. Brandon {wink} from Sense and Sensibility.
    2. Princess Mia from Princess Diaries . . . two? Anne Hathaway.
    3. Ok, when I saw this, for some reason, the name "Brian" came to mind... He looks like the guy in . . . "The Love Letter." I think...
    4. Elizabeth from Pirates of the Caribbean. Keira Knightly.
    5. Annie/Hal from The Parent Trap.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!