Friday, January 7, 2011

How to Train Your... Swap a DVD Account

I know I've mentioned Paperback Swap multiple times on here. It happens to be one of my favorite things ever! I have gotten so many books for so little money and it's also fun 'cause I like getting stuff in the mail. Well, pbs has a sister-site - swapadvd.com. I have used this site *much* less, a grand total of... three time, I believe. First to get Love Comes Softly, then Love's Enduring Promise. The last time I used my account was to get Fireproof.

So yeah, we're talkin' that I don't use it much.

BUT... I did have one credit left. And one DVD on my wish list. The 2008 Sense and Sensibility was the only movie I thought we wanted, so that one last credit was reserved and I was done DVD swapping. Or that's what I thought.

I must have changed my mind and some point and forgotten.

Because I got an email saying that How to Train Your Dragon had been mailed to me! What the schnitzel?!

  1. I do not recall putting it on my wish list
  2. My account was set to have me approve requests before they went through
  3. That one last credit was for Sense and Sensibility!!!
I logged in to see if the email was lying. It wasn't. My account had been changed to automatically request any DVD that came up, HtTYD was on my wish list under "en route to me", and I had zero credits for Sense and Sensibility.

I like (most of) HtTYD... and the soundtrack is one of my favorites ever (though I have yet to meet a soundtrack that tops Dear Frankie). =D So in a sense I'm glad to have the DVD... but I would really like to know how it got on my wish list and how my account settings got changed.

I must have done it all myself.

Yup, I'm losing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!