Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Unresistable

I happen to like Panera Bread. Not all of their breads and rolls are good, but they do have some that are just *amazing* and that I like to hoard for myself. Okay... sharing isn't so bad, either.
A Panera near here donates bread to my church for everyone to take home,  and my family has discovered that we aren't the only ones in our house that love Panera.
Our cat goes nuts over it.
A week ago I had some bagels from Panera. I put them on my headboard shelf and went upstairs. When I came down, the bagels were pulled down onto my bed, claw holes in the bag and part of a bagel missing. The cat had been up to her tricks again. I filed away a reminder to myself to put the bagels out of reach next time.
Sunday came, and with it some rather cold weather. When it came time to go to church, I knew I should put the cat in the garage since she doesn't know how to behave. But it was SO cold out there, and she was SO happy lying on my bed. I put my bagels up where she couldn't get at them, covered everyone's water glasses with napkins so that she couldn't drink out of them, and put a cup over the butter (another favorite of hers). Safe, right?
We came home and walked into the kitchen. There on the floor was a bag of Panera bread that my mom had gotten that morning. It had a hole in it and had been eaten.
So.... next time I'm merciful and leave the cat inside, I need to remember to look around for any bread that might come under attack. I wonder what it is that she likes so much about Panera? She never attacks any of our other bread....
Oh, well... who can know the mind of a cat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!