Monday, November 15, 2010

An R.O.U.S., a Heart Pendant, and Who Knows What Else?

Welcome to yet another hodge-podge post! =D I have such a variety of things to share today that I am sure that everyone will find something of interest. So put on your seatbelt and let's go!

On Saturday I went to the thrift store with my family. It's one of our favorite Saturday things, in case you haven't guessed. You may also know by now that I collect stuffed elephants. So I went back to the toy department to see if I could find any of interest. And what did I see but an R. O. U. S.?! It was quite shocking. I didn't know that they made such things. LOL For those of you who have no clue what I'm talking about: R is for rodent, O is for of, U is for unsusual, and S is for size. ROUSes play a part in the One True Love movie of all time... Princess Bride. Anyhow.... Here is a picture of one from the movie.

Yeah. Totally not what I was expecting to see at the thrifty store. Surprisingly, the stuffed animal looked almost as frightening as the one in the picture.


And now I will offer you a piece of girlish silliness. =P I am almost done with Rosetta Stone's Spanish and I thought I would show you a picture of it. Or... a picture of where I place it on my screen.


Yeah... the Phantom is making sure I do a good job. ;) Now that I look at that picture, I should move those icons. They're on the left because of this:



I wanted to be able to read the words. But I guess I'll move my icons over to the right again since I have the words memorized anyhow. I made that desktop picture last week and it gave me fits. Even after everything I did to it and with it, I'm sad to say that it's not exactly what I wanted. Oh, well.

In case you're wondering why I have two desktop images, the truth is: I have four desktops. Macs are amazing like that. Because I often have video projects, picture projects, and writing projects all going at the same time, I use Mac Spaces. It allows me to easily shift from project to project in spite of the number of pages I have open. I love it! If you have no clue what it is... don't ask me to explain it. I do much better at showing than telling. Look it up on youtube or something. =P

Two weeks ago I got an adorable little package in the mail from my best friend. In it was a polka-dot bag, and in the polka-dot bag was an awesome necklace with three pendants on it. A big heart with a keyhole, a key, and a little heart. My friend bought it for me because we kinda like keys. Just one of those random things that makes up a person's personality! =D Well... on Thursday morning I discovered that the little heart was missing. I was devastated! Not only was it awful because I *love* the necklace... I had only owned the necklace for a week!
I told my family my sad news and was surprised when Erin said, "I saw a heart pendant on the floor at church on Wednesday night. It was towards the front of the auditorium." I figured that the pendant must have fallen off when I was on my way up to play the piano or something.
Long story short, my amazing sister Erica talked to someone on Friday and they found the pendant before the church was cleaned so I got my little heart back yesterday. I'm very happy! I'll have to show you a picture of the necklace sometime.

Oh... and I think I'm going to do a video blog this week. I'll probably just talk a bit about life and maybe do a book review.

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!