Friday, November 19, 2010

I Didn't Want to Know That

I hate it when people tell me things or I find out things that I totally did not want to know. There's certain things that just... aren't nice to know. I can't say that they totally ruin my life, but it's still not cool.

What is it about human nature that makes us want to share bad news or gossip about people? I try not to do it, but sometimes (especially with Erica) I'll find myself saying, "Did you know...?" I never talk about people that we know in person, but sometimes I tell her stuff that I find out about actors and actresses. But why are famous people any different from our friends? It's still smearing their names around. It's still gossip.

I found out this week that one of my favorite OTR people committed suicide back in 1950-something. The podcast that I was listening to had that information tagged onto the episode of Jeff Regan that I was listening to. I really didn't want to know that. In fact, I was kinda ticked off that the podcast host had said anything. But it got me thinking... how often do I find out things that *I* really didn't want to know... and then end up telling someone else? Do I think that they wanted to know for some reason?

My guess is that they feel the same way I do.

It would be a good thing for me to remember every day to pray that God would set a watch over my mouth and keep me from saying things that others really don't want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!