Friday, September 10, 2010

A Moment for Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy

I love the 1995 BBC presentation of Pride and Prejudice. I know that there are many people out there (including two of my best friends) who will disagree with me on this: but Colin Firth seriously is Mr. Darcy. So when I discovered - quite by accident - that today is Colin Firth's 50th birthday, I just had to share some celebratory pictures with ya'll.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yup. He's Mr. Darcy, all right. =D

Happy Birthday, Mr. Darcy!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Colin Firth!! ;D Although I have to admit, Matthew Macfadyen is Mr. Darcy to me. I can't really say that with all honesty, considering I haven't really seen the '95 version of Pride and Prejudice, but since I *have* seen the newer one, I will always think of Matthew Macfadyen as Mr. Darcy. haha! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Macfadyen is Arthur Clennam as far as I'm concerned... I loved him in that part! He was okay for an actor as Mr. Darcy... but Firth really fit the part so well it didn't seem like he had to act. hehe That is so sad that you've never seen the '95 version! It *is* rather long, but I think it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting pictures of Mr. Darcy. It is hard for me to picture him as 50!! I actually saw him acting in another movie and he was nothing like the Darcy character and it just ruined the movie for me! :P

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!