Saturday, September 11, 2010

Heroes

I wrote this poem a couple of years ago and thought I would share it today.


Photobucket

Heroes

An image I’ll remember when my memory is gone

The heroes in the picture, immortalized, live on

The flag of a great country

Raised on the somber plain

The faces of the heroes

Born in a nation’s pain

In the rubble of the towers

All was dead and gray

But from those heaps of rubble

Champions rose that day

Years from now the memories

Will still cause tears to fall

But so will many heroes come

To stand up brave and tall

At every fall we rise again

Taller than before

The spirit of America

Lives on from shore to shore.





The picture does not belong to me, but the poem does.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Emily. That was a wonderful poem. I write poetry (or did), so when I read poetry I look for proper rhythm and rhyme. Yours is wonderful and portrays the mood so well!

    If you have more poems, you should share them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Emily! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!