Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Little Things

  • I've been thinking about rereading When God Writes Your Life Story by Eric and Leslie Ludy. If I do this, would any of you be interested in my doing a weekly chapter-by-chapter review? Or even reading the book along with me?
  • I read a quote yesterday in my quote journal that has had me thinking... "The life of a Christian is not defined by three or four big decisions, but by hundreds and hundreds of small choices made along life's road." The little things DO count!
  • Earlier this week Seth was reading aloud to me, and I discovered a little problem. He has this habit of reading only the left side of the page! For some reason the right side just escapes him or doesn't catch his interest or something.
  • I filled out an application to work with Grand View Ministries this coming summer. I really hope it'll work out! I have always wanted to work at a camp.>
  • Right now I have junk all. over. my room. Poor Erica is kinda suffering as I go through it all. Do any of you have a clue what 5 or 6 years of accumulation adds up to? I have thrown away an incredible amount, organized a bunch, and still have loads of stuff that I'm just not sure what to do with.
  • One week from today I'm going to be playing offertory at my church. I had less than two week's notice, too! Lovely. Anyhow... I'm planning on doing a somewhat easy arrangement of Brethren, We Have Met to Worship. Maybe I'll record it and load it onto YouTube.
  • Speaking of that song, have any of you seen Sheffey? LOVE that movie! And the music when everyone is coming to the camp meetings is awesome! If you haven't seen it, you really should get your hands on a copy. It's the true story of an amazing circuit ridin' preacher named Robert Sheffey.
  • Thanks for all of your lovely comments! I love you guys! And sorry I was so down about blogging a week or so ago. I promise I'm not quitting on ya'll!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I was just thinking of doing a reread of When God Writes Your Love Story too. If you do a chapter by chapter review each week, I would be really interested. Gives me just one more excuse to reread it! :)

    Congrats on the job application by the way! :)

    I am sure you will do really well on the offertory and you have my sympathies on the short notice. A couple of weeks ago, I had to play for church with 3 days notice and it was my first time playing in almost TWO years because I was so busy with college. It went ok, but only by the grace of GOD!!!! :)

    Souunds like a great movie and sorry for such a long comment! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The life of a Christian is not defined by three or four big decisions, but by hundreds and hundreds of small choices made along life's road."

    amen! I'm in that season of life, too. We wait so long to become adults and then we are ready to go out and do something "big." But what does God call us to? The day by day choices that mean so much. :)

    Please record and post your offertory of You Tube!I love the way you play. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother plays a great rendition of Brethren, We Have Met to Worship on his violin... he did it several times for offertories or specials at our old church.

    And yes, whenever I hear it, I always, always think of that scene in Sheffey. :) That, along with The Printing, was one of my brother's and my favorite movies growing up. We practically had both memorized!

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!