Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Eight Things

My friend Buttercup tagged me with this... and I left a bunch of her answers in because they totally applied to me, too! =D


8 Books I've read recently (or am reading)...
1. The Bible
2. Lady Carliss and the Waters of Moorue by Chuck Black
3. Farraday Road by Ace Collins
4. Swope's Ridge by Ace Collins
5. A Young Woman's Call to Prayer by Elizabeth George
6. Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl by ... I can't remember.
7. Through the Fire by Shawn Grady
8. Rose Daughter by Robin McKinley... that was awhile ago, but I LOVED it! In fact, I ordered a copy last week so I can have it for my very own. =)


8 Songs or Albums I listen to all the time...
1. See You Tomorrow - John Powell
2. So High the Price - Steve Pettit
3. The Look - Steve Pettit
4. Everlasting God - Steve Pettit
5. I Stand Redeemed - Ron and Shelly Hamilton
6. Press On - The Wilds
7. Secret Place - Ron Hamilton
8. Jack Sparrow - Hans Zimmer

8 Things I love...
1. my Savior
2. my family (church family and online family included! =D)
3. my books
4. thrift stores
5. libraries/bookstores
6. youth group
7. camp
8. writing!

8 Things I've learned (or am learning) this year...
1. to listen to the Holy Spirit
2. the power of prayer
3. patience is *VERY* neccessary when little brothers are involved... in anything!
4. that I am a bit more like Mr. Woodhouse than I thought... weddings DO change one's social circle more than I like. =P
5. if I want comments on my blog... I should comment on other people's blogs. SHOCKING!
6. it isn't a good idea to look at the stuffed animal section in the thrift store... my elephant collection is awfully big now! (which is good and bad at the same time)
7. parents are *still* unpredictable
8. not all new movies are bad

8 Favorite online hangouts...
1. Facebook
2. Google Reader
3. Swagbucks
4. Twitter
5. Blogger
6. Narnia website
7. Narniaweb
8. Narniafans (No theme there, right????)

8 Projects I need to work on...
1. my quilt that I started... let's not say how long ago
2. the apron that I'm making
3. a poodle skirt!
4. the boxes in my closet YIKES
5. getting a job
6. being a better friend
7. my offertory for next Wednesday
8. My unfinished novels

8 People I think should do this...
You! (Never knew you were 8 people, did you)

3 comments:

  1. I like your reading choices! :)
    And I am glad to hear that I am not the only person with an unfinished quilt. My goal is to finish it BEFORE my cousin has her 5th wedding anniversary. I originally planned to give it to her for her wedding day, if that gives you a clue. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. Nice Emily. Guess what? I'm looking for a job too. =D I hope you find one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. I LOVE the fifth thing on the 'thinks I'm learning' section! too funny, but true! -Buttercup

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!