Friday, July 30, 2010

Too Old for the Park

My little brother Seth just turned six earlier this month. And he is now too old to go to the park.

Actually, age has nothing to do with it.

Actually, he still loves the park and wants to go.

So what's the problem? Seth is reading. Everything.

And many things at our park ought not be read by anybody.

The benches are marred with colorful and rather permanent paints expressing the attitudes and thoughts of today's teenage culture.

The slides are scarred with bold declarations of rebellion and hatred.

So...

Now that he's finally old enough to go down the fireman's pole...

Now that he isn't scared of using the ladders instead of the stairs...

Now that he doesn't need quite so much supervision in case of a fall...

Now that he doesn't need help - even on the big slides...

My six-year-old brother is too old to go to the park.


2 comments:

  1. Ah, I know how that is. Why can't they keep those things off of kids' stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad...means you need to come visit the parks out in my area, no graffitti or bad billboards in our area for which I am extremely grateful!!

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!