Monday, June 28, 2010

Good and Not Evil

While here in Arizona I have been reading a lot of Keepers at Home magazines. I looked for a website, but couldn't find one. I would encourage anyone to get a subscription, though! I'm going to order it for myself when I get home. I'll post the phone number some time when I have it with me. Anyhow... I've also been reading a *wonderful* book called Preparing to be a Help Meet by Debi Pearl. It's been an encouragement, but it's also stepped on my toes a little. Good for me, right?

Anyhow... here's something I was thinking about. Proverbs 31:12 says that the virtuous woman will do her husband "Good and not evil all the days of her life." I have, for the longest time, always looked at the part that says, "good and not evil." Look at that last part. "From the time she says, 'I do.'"

Wait. I messed that up.

All the days of her life.

That means that my life NOW - even before I know who my husband - should be doing him good. I should be living a life that will make people say, "He is really blessed to be getting that girl." I should be praying for him more often.

What about you? Do you want to be a Proverbs 31 woman? If so, it starts now.
Not when you meet your future husband.
Not when you're engaged.
Not when you're married.

NOW.

2 comments:

  1. I have heard a lot of good things about that book...now I really want to read it! :)
    And wow, that is always such an awesome thought that we are to choose to do our husbands good even before we know who they are!! Praying you are having a great time in Arizona.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!