Thursday, January 14, 2010

Why I Love My Brother

As most of you know, I have a 5-year-old brother named Seth. He is... quite the character. Aren't all boys? Anyhow... I wish I could remember all of the funny moments from this week, but that is pretty nearly impossible, so I'll just settle to a few favorites.

When my mom is making dinner, she is likely to have 3-5 of us come in and ask what she's making. Now, if there is one thing that I know about moms, it's this: They get tired of repeating themselves. Especially 5 times in the half hour or forty-five minutes it takes to make dinner. I guess my dad might have figured this out, too. Because this is what happened: when Seth wanted to know what was for dinner, my dad told him to go read the label. Seth, eager to show off his skills at reading, went to the package on the counter and read the label.

"It has a bad word on it!" He exclaimed in shock. My curiosity was instantly aroused (I hadn't yet asked mom what we were having for supper ;)) So I went over and looked and lo and behold, the package said "Pork Butt". LOL I think that's one of the highlights of my week. When we were sitting down to eat, someone asked Seth what it was we were eating, so he said, "A pig bottom." =D Way to go, buddy!

Another (quicker) Setherism. (I notice people doing this a lot: They say "Charlieism, Ethanism, Auroraism, etc etc etc when talking about their siblings/children. I may as well join the crowd!) Anyhow... last night he was having a rather difficult time saying, "Thessalonians" - it kept coming out "Sethalonians"! Maybe I should say "Sethalonians" instead of "Sethisms" hahaha


2 comments:

  1. that is very funny emily!!
    My brothers do zany things too... enough said!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Your brother is funny. I always get a kick out of "Ham Butt". :P

    It's the New Year; are you going to email me? ;)


    P.S. - I saw on your twitter about MLK day. I don't get it off either.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!