Monday, November 23, 2009

A Week of Thanksgiving ~ Day One

Hey, everyone! I think I'm going to do a post each day this week telling about something I'm thankful for in celebration of Thanksgiving! Today I am thankful for...

Physical Comforts

This morning I woke up at about 6:30 and just lay in bed for a few minutes before getting up. My flannel sheets were **so** warm and cozy that I just didn't want to stick my bare foot out and put it on the cold carpet. (Sleeping with socks on is impossible for me for some reason) When I finally slipped out of bed and threw on my snuggly purple bathrobe, I went upstairs to find that it was snowing! The light, dusty little flakes didn't come down for long, so we only have a thin powdering over our porch, but it sure was pretty! It was also cold outside, so I was thankful to be inside. =D I got online and signed into google docs... and spent the next half hour typing as fast as I could think. I'm still working on my NaNoWriMo project. I'm a bit behind, but still plugging away! I am very thankful for these creature comforts. A cozy bed, a warm house, the internet, and... food! My mom made an awesome breakfast this morning. Fried eggs and bacon. Yum! I had been planning on making a smoothie, but I guess I'll save that for a snack later.

So that's just touching the surface of the physical comforts that I'm thankful for today. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!