Sunday, February 22, 2015

This My Song

  1. There are four words that I use a lot when I pray. "If it's your will." Most of the time I'm content to leave things with God. I tell Him my perspective and my heart desires but leave it to Him, the Master Author, to shape the best plot. I know that my point of view is limited and I can see in my imagination all the ways that a different outcome could be beneficial.

Until this week. This week I wanted my way. I felt that God was causing suffering needlessly in people that I care about. I asked Him why He wasn't listening. And then it struck me. Who was it that wasn't listening?

I sat down and shut up. And then I heard Him. His promise to complete the work He begins in every heart that belongs to Him. The story will look different for everyone. Some people will have to suffer. Others will have to watch. Each of us is a paragraph in the story of God and what author is going to write the same thing twice? 

So I'm waiting on God's timing as He puts the punctuation in my paragraph that will bring me closer to being a completed work. And I wait for Him to put the final touch, that last period, on someone else's story. Someday I know that all of us will share the final chapter, perfect at last and with so many backstories to the same beautiful end with no end. Our song through those endless ages? "Jesus led us all the way."

  1. All the way my Savior leads me,
    What have I to ask beside?
    Can I doubt His tender mercy,
    Who through life has been my Guide?
    Heav’nly peace, divinest comfort,
    Here by faith in Him to dwell!
    For I know, whate’er befall me,
    Jesus doeth all things well;
    For I know, whate’er befall me,
    Jesus doeth all things well.
  2. All the way my Savior leads me,
    Cheers each winding path I tread,
    Gives me grace for every trial,
    Feeds me with the living Bread.
    Though my weary steps may falter
    And my soul athirst may be,
    Gushing from the Rock before me,
    Lo! A spring of joy I see;
    Gushing from the Rock before me,
    Lo! A spring of joy I see.
  3. All the way my Savior leads me,
    Oh, the fullness of His love!
    Perfect rest to me is promised
    In my Father’s house above.
    When my spirit, clothed immortal,
    Wings its flight to realms of day
    This my song through endless ages:
    Jesus led me all the way;
    This my song through endless ages:
    Jesus led me all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!