Sunday, January 5, 2014

Return of the Blog

One of the things that I decided to do in 2014 was (surprisingly not "blog more") to buy a book every week for the entire year. As is the case with many of life's choices, one thing leads to another. I wanted to keep track of the books that I buy and blogging about them seemed like a great way to do that. Especially since a couple of people have expressed an interest in following my book choices. So here is post numero uno.

My first choice was The Little Woman by Gladys Aylward. I remember my mom reading this book aloud to us when I was younger and I still remember many of the stories from it. My clearest thought from the book is this: What a mighty God we serve! I cannot wait to read again of the ways that God taught and provided for Gladys.

Perhaps I will do a full-fledged review on this book after I read it again. For now I'm just chronicling my first choice. I am planning on purchasing a variety of books... and a new shelf to keep them all on. Some of my posts for the 52 books of 2014 may be short, but you're welcome to stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!