Thursday, February 9, 2012

Road Trip Bars

I couldn't find a simple recipe that sounded delicious, so I sort of made up my own. I thought that they turned out really yummy, so here's the gist of what I did:

1 1/2 cups quick oats
1/4 cup each of walnuts, dried cranberries, and mini chocolate chips
a little less than a tablespoon of dried coconut
4 tablespoons honey

mix together... if it doesn't stick enough, add more honey. Bake 15-20 minutes (or until edges are starting to brown) in a greased 8x8 pan. Let sit. Cut into bars and enjoy!

I thought that this flopped because I didn't let them sit long enough. They just fell apart and looked like granola. When I came back later, though, the ones that I hadn't touched were perfect bars! Yummo!

My bus trip went pretty well... I'll try to post more details on that soon!

Tata for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!