Saturday, January 28, 2012

Kindle Cover

     As I mentioned in a previous post, I am the *very* happy owner of a Kindle Fire. As much as the thing cost, I want to be sure that I take good care of it! But when I looked at covers online, I was rather disheartened. There was really nothing that I could afford. So I decided to try and come up with something on my own. I rifled through an assortment of random things that I never throw away (I could write an interesting post on that collection... empty spools of various sorts and sizes, torn paper, holey socks, etc etc etc) What did I come up with? Two sheets of really thin foamy stuff. They were barely big enough, but I sewed them together and to a scrap of denim I found. 


     I went through our fabric box downstairs and picked out two fabrics that I liked. I had no clue how I was going to use them, but I figured that it might be nice to be experimenting with two colors instead of just one. lol The main fabric I decided to use was green.


     Well, it's certainly not perfect, but I finally made a little pouch to put the kindle in. It's rather lumpy in places because the foam bunched up a bit. I decided to make a strap, too, though I might take it off later. I made the strap by braiding strips of the brown fabric together.

      My mom's sewing machine is really awesome, so I added this cute little flower design:

     I'm a little afraid that the edges will fray a lot more over time, but I like the look of it right now. And it will serve it's purpose for awhile... until I can buy or make something better. Or just fall completely in love with it lumps and all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!