Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Good Things Are Meant to be Shared

One of my very dear friends recently gave me a product from Willow Tree Minerals. Though I love her and trust her, I didn't really think it would work. So many times people have told me, "THIS is the most amazing thing ever because it really works!" ... And I try it to find out that it really doesn't help a single thing. I decided that I must have really weird skin that won't be helped by anything.

Well, my sister and I both tried the overnight mineral treatment and voila! The zit that was trying to break out? Totally gone. I was afraid it might be some fluke thing because (as I said before) this kind of thing never works for me. So I tried it again. With the same success! I'm going to have to keep this stuff on hand! I imagine I'll have to buy some more before I leave for Arizona 'cause Erica's not going to want me to leave her here without any. lol Anyhow, I'd definitely recommend getting some. It doesn't take much of the powder, so a little thing of it will last a looooong time.

Also... this post made me very happy. I am going to have one of those dresses someday! lol Okay, at least something similar. =D

As long as we're sharing things, I thought I'd also direct your attention to this Aslan's Meditation's post from Aslan's Country. The post is on godliness, and I'll admit that I needed the reminder that godliness is not attained by not being ungodly. I also found this quote from Oswald Chambers to be thought-provoking:

"To become one with Jesus Christ, a person must be willing not only to give up sin, but also to surrender his whole way of looking at things."


I find that (most of the time) I am willing to give up my sin... but to surrender my way of looking at things? To see things from God's point of view? That seems so radical! I'm too fond of my fleshly human point of view. But that needs to change. I need a new way of seeing things.

Do you?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that stuff sounds awesome! I might have to check it out. :)

    And I love the quote! I just copied it to my document of favorite quotes. ;) Thanks for sharing, Emily!

    ~ Love,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm *sooooo* glad it worked for you!!! Would I have lied? ;) But I know what you mean, it's funny how we tend to hype things up when we want someone else to love it as much as we do...... I appreciated what you said about giving up our worldview.... Whew, way too convicting! But totally what I need. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!