Monday, October 4, 2010

In 24 Hours

... I will be on a plane headed for Florida! I am SO excited! One thing that makes my trip sound even better is the fact that I won't be flying standby. Flying standby didn't really bother me before, or at least I didn't think it bothered me. I wouldn't mind flying standby again, to tell the truth. Yet at the same time, I find that I am *very very much* happy to know for sure that I have a seat on a specific flight and will be arriving at a specific time. =)

Here's a picture from the last time I was in Florida. (I was 4) I think my grandparents live in the same place, so maybe I can ask my grandpa to take a picture of me jumping into the pool again. HAHAHA It wouldn't be nearly as cute, though! =P

I had thought before that I might be able to blog while I'm in Florida, but now that's not such a sure thing. My grandpa is having some computer issues. I'll blog if I can, but I'm not going to make any promises. 

By the way, thanks again for the lovely comments you all leave! <3 What do you think of Disqus? Do you want me to go back to the way things were? Do you guys ever look back at your comments to see when I reply to them? 

And now I'll leave you with a portion of one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite books. Here is a bit of the scene in Jane Eyre where Mr. Rochester and Jane are parting ways for a time.

[Starting with Mr. Rochester speaking]
     "You go to-morrow, then?"
     "Yes, sir; early."
     "Shall you come down to the drawing-room after dinner?"
     "No, sir, I must prepare for the journey."
     "Then you and I must bid good-bye for a little while?"
     "I suppose so, sir."
     "And how do people perform that ceremony of parting, Jane? Teach
me; I'm not quite up to it."
     "They say, Farewell, or any other form they prefer."
     "Then say it."
     "Farewell, Mr. Rochester, for the present."
     "What must I say?"
     "The same, if you like, sir."
     "Farewell, Miss Eyre, for the present; is that all?"
     "Yes."
     "It seems stingy, to my notions, and dry, and unfriendly. I should like something else: a little addition to the rite. If one shook hands, for instance; but no--that would not content me either. So you'll do no more than say Farewell, Jane?"
     "It is enough, sir: as much good-will may be conveyed in one hearty word as in many."
     "Very likely; but it is blank and cool--'Farewell.'"
Here is the same scene in my favorite movie version of Jane Eyre.


Perhaps it really doesn't have anything to do with my short trip to Florida, but I love any excuse to share my favorite things. =D

So, then, my dear blog friends, Farewell for the present. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!