Monday, September 6, 2010

God Lives in Arizona

As I'm sure all of you are aware by now, I spent almost a month in Arizona earlier this year. It was awesome! One thing that I noticed awhile after I got home was that it seemed like God suddenly wasn't as involved in my life. What happened? Did I leave God in Arizona?
I started to think about it and I realized what had happened. While I was in Arizona, it was pretty easy to pray and do my devotions because I had plenty of time. But after I got home, I gradually slacked off. But why? There are still 24 hours in a day! The difference was my easy access to computers, the internet, TV, and my bookshelves. I allowed these things to take up so much of my time that God got pushed to the side.
My books and movies and internet friends aren't *bad* things on their own, but I made them wrong. I put them above my personal time with God. So this week I'm setting some rules for myself. Rules that will keep me from opening a book or logging in to facebook before I've taken care of the more important things in life.
Maybe by the end of the week I'll find that God lives in Colorado, too.

3 comments:

  1. If you keep your rules, I guarantee that you'll find that God does live in Colorado. :)
    Keep it up! I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know what you mean, Emily! This is something I've struggled with as well. It's so easy to let the less-important things take first place, instead of putting God first. I will be praying for you! =)

    ~ Much Love,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! That is a rather convicting post...thank you for writing that idea down. I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!