Monday, August 23, 2010

Are You an AT&T Christian?

My youth group is going through Ephesians right now, and we recently got to the verses in Ephesians chapter five that talk about redeeming the time. Pastor Jono (my youth pastor) mentioned the AT&T commercials that play on TV. And I thought it was a pretty good picture of the way we should be.

In case you're not familiar with the AT&T commercials, they show a mom frantically trying to keep all of her family's rollover minutes. She doesn't want to waste ANY. One of my favorites is a commercial where her son is selling his minutes at a garage sale and she won't let him. Her sons and husband are always throwing minutes out, but she does her best to save them.

Redeem them.

What about your minutes? Are you like the sons, selling them or even throwing them out? Or are you like the mom, hoarding each minute and trying to use it? The last few weeks, I've definitely been one of the boys. I'm not proud of that fact. But I can change. So here's to a week of AT&T Christianity!

See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!