Wednesday, March 10, 2010

See, What a Morning!

Most mornings I wake up with less-than-happy thoughts. "Aw, man! It shouldn't be 7:00 already, I just got to sleep!" Or "Oh, boy... killer headache and I haven't even opened my eyes." I won't depress you with any others.

Whether my thoughts are cheerful or not, I always wake up with a song stuck in my head. Sometimes it helps my mood, sometimes it doesn't. On occasion, the song itself will be lighthearted enough, but it only sours my mood because it's such a stark contrast to my feelings. Songs like... Almost Like Bein' in Love from Brigadoon. LOL Other songs get annoying as they play over and over and over again. Find a wheel and it goes round, round, round as it skims along with a happy sound. As it goes, along the ground, ground, ground... Anyhow... I like that song well enough as long as it doesn't stick with me for too long. (That's Perry Como, in case you wanted to know)

Where am I going with all of this? This morning I woke up with an amazing song stuck in my head. I don't know how many of you have picked up on this, but I love love love the Steve Pettit Evangelistic Team. You should really look into their music if you're not already familiar with it. These are the lyrics that brightened my day as I stumbled out of my bed this morning.


See what a morning gloriously bright
With the dawning of hope in Jerusalem
Folded the grave-clothes tomb filled with light
As the angels announce Christ is risen
See God's salvation plan
Wrought in love borne in pain paid in sacrifice
Fullfilled in Christ the Man
For He lives Christ is risen from the dead

See Mary weeping, "Where is He laid?"
As in sorrow she turns from the empty tomb
Hears a voice speaking calling her name
It's the Master the Lord raised to life again
The voice that spans the years
Speaking life stirring hope bringing peace to us
Will sound till He appears
For He lives Christ is risen from the dead

One with the Father Ancient of Days
Through the Spirit who clothes faith with certainty
Honour and blessing glory and praise
To the King crowned with power and authority
And we are raised with Him
Death is dead love has won Christ has conquered
And we shall reign with Him
For He lives Christ is risen from the dead

Can you say awesome? As wonderful as these words are, you really need to hear the tune to get the full effect. I would definitely recommend getting the album So High the Price by the SPET. To make everything even sweeter, Steve Pettit's albums are available on iTunes. The songs on So High the Price are amazing... I want to post all of the lyrics here! Instead, I'll just share one more song: The Look

I saw one hanging on a tree
In agony and blood
Who fixed His loving eyes on me
As near His cross I stood
And never till my dying breath
Will I forget that look
It seemed to charge me with His death
Though not a word He spoke

My conscience felt and owned the guilt
And plunged me in despair
I saw my sins His blood had spilt
And helped to nail Him there
But with a second look He said
“I freely all forgive
This blood is for your ransom paid
I died that you might live”


CHORUS
Forever etched upon my mind
Is the look of Him who died
The Lamb I crucified
And now my life will sing the praise
Of pure atoning grace
That looked on me and gladly took my place

Thus while His death my sin displays
For all the world to view
Such is the mystery of grace
It seals my pardon, too
With pleasing grief and mournful joy
My spirit now is filled
That I should such a life destroy
Yet live by Him I killed


I hope that these words are as much of a blessing to you as they have been to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!