Friday, February 5, 2010

Pirate Technogoly

Earlier this week I was playing with Seth and he decided that he wanted to be pirates. Nothing new there! So I "aye-ayed" with a wink and set about to getting our "ship" ship-shape. All went well until nighttime. We were all cuddled in a pile of blankets on the floor being "snuggle pirates" when suddenly Seth realized that someone had stolen one of our treasure chests! "Oh, no!" I cried, "Didn't you post a look-out?" Seth was quiet for a moment as he pondered the situation, but he finally overcame his shock enough to groan. "Ooooh," he said, "I left it in my pocket!"

What in the World?

"You did what? Do you know what a look-out is?"
"Yeah!" he said indignantly. Shame on anyone who doubts the word of a five-year-old boy. "But I left it in my pocket!" He made a show of pulling something out of his pocket and placing it near the remainder of our treasure. I decided not to burst his bubble and played along. We "went back to sleep".

In the middle of the night, there was this atrociously loud beeping - the type that can only come from a little boy, I suppose. Though in "reality" it was the "look-out" telling us that someone else was sneaking up on our treasures.

I learned something. Those pirates of long-ago were a lot more technologically advanced than we give them credit for! Perhaps I should tell my dear little brother that not every person has been as blessed as he with the ability to spend hours in front of the computer and tv, and playing with the iTouch etc.

1 comment:

  1. very funny - pirates. hmmm. my sibs haven't tried that one yet, although as i type they're playing puppydog!! lol
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!