Monday, January 11, 2010

The Will of God

I have heard some really great messages in church lately. And in Sunday School. I have a bunch of things that I want to share with you guys, but the truth is... I'm lazy. And I keep forgetting to bring my notes upstairs so I can use them as references. But I actually have a notebook next to me right now with notes from Sunday, December 27. I have heard this message (or at least similar ones) three times, but it's a good reminder, so I hope I hear it again!

God's will for man is pretty easy, actually. A lot of people think that there's no way to know God's will without seeing the writing on the wall, but it's really simple. Here is how you can know God's will:

God's will is:
  1. You should be Saved. (1 Timothy 2:3&4 & 2 Peter 3:9)
  2. You should be Spirit-Filled. (Ephesians 5:18)
  3. You should be Sanctified [Set Apart] (1 Thessalonians 4:3 & Titus 2:12)
  4. You should be Submitted (See below)
  5. You should be Suffering (1 Corinthians 12:7-10, 1Peter 2:20&21, 1 Peter 3:17&18, 1 Peter 4:19, 1 Peter 5:10, & 2 Timothy 3:12)
  6. You should be Thankful (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
Before I move on, I wanted to give the scripture for being submitted. The reason I didn't just give a list like I did with everything else is because there are specific things that we are to submit to.
  1. Submit to God (James 4:7)
  2. Submit to Others (Ephesians 5:21) (Philippians 2:3)
  3. Submit to Spiritual Authorities (Hebrews 13: 7&17)
  4. Submit to the Government (1 Peter 2:13-15)
So how does this apply to what college you should go to? Who you should marry? What job you should apply for? Etc. etc. etc.... Here's the truth that seems so obvious when you think about it, but that I tend to forget:

As long as these six things are true, you are in God's will and will continue to be.

Are these six things true for you?

2 comments:

  1. Wow. You need to do more of these kind of posts.

    Yes, I can honestly say they are... Now I'm seeking God for the next step. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT POST EMILY!
    Loved it! Thanks for the encouragment!

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!