Friday, January 22, 2010

Emma is This Weekend!

Hey, everyone! Sorry I haven't been around much. I've been kinda busy. Right now I'm just popping in to remind ya'll that Emma is coming to the US of A this weekend! Now, some of us have... is cheated the right word???.... and we watched it while it was premiering in England because of the good ol' World Wide Web. But for those of you who have not yet seen this, I'd encourage you to do so! (Especially if you're a fan of Jane Austen and Emma in particular)

Thought I love all of the versions of Emma that I have seen, I think that this one just might be my favorite. It was faithful to the book, and I love Ramola and Jonny Lee Miller as Emma and Knightley!

In celebration of Emma's premier here in the US, PBS has a quiz on their site to see which Highbury gentleman would best suit you. I did it and came up with:


Mr. George Knightley

"You might not see one in a hundred with gentleman so plainly written as in Mr. Knightley."

You're looking for the complete package: a man with brains, good looks, a great job, perfect manners and a sizeable fortune to boot. Well, today's your lucky day.

As Highbury's wealthiest landowner and all-around great guy, Mr. Knightley is what your mother meant by "a good catch." He's a "sensible man" with a "cheerful manner" who loves his family and friends and has no patience for vanity or drama. Direct, down-to-earth and happily duty-bound, he proves time and again that chivalry is alive and well. He's a reluctant dancer but an astute judge of character and a trustworthy confidant. Overt displays of emotion or affection aren't exactly his thing, but you couldn't ask for a more caring or thoughtful friend.

No one's perfect, so you'll have to work through disagreements now and then (usually over something you've said or done). But, if you can get over his being right most of the time, you two should enjoy a fine life together indeed.


Humorous side note: 0% of quiz takers have ended up with Mr. Elton!!!!! LOL

Have a great weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. awesome... i'll have to try it! are you going to the theater to watch it (i'm correct in assuming u don't have a TV yet rite -we don't have one either no worries?)
    i will try to get it on DVD and i'm definitely going to take the quiz on PBS AND i havent' read the books or watched the movie yet ever - so this is cool b/c here we go...
    that was the ramblings of jessica faith my friend:)
    i hope you enjoyed the show!! God Bless Em!

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!