Thursday, December 3, 2009

Verses to Consider

I love the book of Colossians! Especially the third chapter. Here are a few of my favorite verses from that chapter.


Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your heart to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.


As to the Lord... anyone else have a hard time with that? I love to please my fellow man. Especially my amazing friends! I find that much of what I do is centered on pleasing those around me. I'm not doing anything wrong... my focus is just in the wrong place. Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!