Friday, December 4, 2009

Revenge of the Christmas Tree

Every year for as long as I can remember, my mom or my dad or both have complained about the number of needles that fall off of our plastic Christmas tree as we set it up. It's become as much a part of Christmas as the presents! Last year however, we did something totally new. We got a live Christmas tree. It was awesome! Of course, a live Christmas tree drops needles on a daily basis throughout it's lifetime in our living room, but we would just vacuum regularly. I really don't recall too many complaints. WELL this year we put up our plastic tree again. I am under the firm conviction that our plastic tree is mad about it's year off, because I have neverever seen so many needles come off of that plastic tree at one time. ALL over the living room - normal. I vacuumed. But this morning when I came into the kitchen, I gasped audibly when I saw the needles that were scattered across the whole kitchen. Did the elves get up in the night, pull handfuls off of the tree, and have a plastic pine needle war? So I swept. But, as in any family of more than zero people, there were people tracking through the kitchen before the needles were swept up. And the needles stuck to socks. And then came off on the carpet in the living room and family room. I guess I'll go get the vacuum out again...

Oh Christmas tree, O Christmas tree
How lovely are thy needles
They are as green
On tile clean
As on the carpet
and in between
Oh Christmas tree, O Christmas tree
How lovely are thy needles

1 comment:

  1. lol! I love the poem/song
    2 the bottom, it's really funny!

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!