Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Week of Thanksgiving ~ Day Four

Since it's Thanksgiving Day, I'm going to tell the biggest thing I am thankful for, and that is my salvation. When I was five or six, I was listening to a tape called "Harold the King" by Patch the Pirate. The gospel is given very clearly on the CD, and the main character accepts Christ. I prayed the same prayer after listening to the CD one winter evening, and I believed I was saved. As I got older, however, I began to have doubts. But I knew for sure that I had prayed that prayer, so I kept pushing my doubts aside and decided that I was saved.
When I was fourteen I went to camp and it was during a sermon there that I started to realize that repeating a bunch of words wasn't getting saved. Getting saved was believing on the Lord Jesus Christ and entrusting my life to Him. I accepted Christ as my personal Savior on May 30, 2006. The road isn't always easy, as I'm sure all of you know. I haven't led a perfect life at all, and there have been times when I practically turned my back on God. I am so thankful to the friends who have loaned me a shoulder to cry on, but more importantly have prayed with and for me through my struggles. On that note, I will leave you with the words to one of my all-time favorite songs:

[I can't find the lyrics online... so I will go get my book and post them later on... Sorry!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop me a line! I love to hear from my readers!